onsdag 25 juli 2018

Katharina Kraus - Energiverket 25.7

Our residence Artist of the summer - Katharina Kraus - shows her work at Energiverket (Kanalesplanaden 9, Jakobstad) 25.7. 14:00 - 20:00.

I'm a painter, but also a collector - taking found objects like postcards, everyday things and photos and giving them my own "handwriting" is essential for my work. 
My "room paintings" invent or reinvent rooms; my goal is to construct rooms that look familiar but also strange. I use distorted perspectives and flat-looking surfaces to construct the illusion of space and deny it at the same time. 
For my objects, I take the same painted canvas, cut it, sew it together and fill it to make it three-dimensional. 
My work starts in painting, but reaches out to sculpture and installation. Painting becomes object and object becomes painting. 




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar